Alu Batte is a simple and easy side dish made with mashed potatoes. It goes very well with Rice and Dal.
- Potatoes - 3 medium sized
- Mustard oil - 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Chilli powder - 1 tsp
- I used pressure cooker to cook potatoes, but be careful to not over cook them
- Starchy potatoes will be better for Alu Batte
- Peel and potatoes with salt until they are soft.
- Mash the cooked potatoes roughly, we are NOT looking for a paste consistency
- Heat oil in a kadai
- Add turmeric, and chilli powder and give a stir
- Add potatoes to the above and mix well and switch off the heat