- Mango puree - 1.5 cups
- Coconut thin milk - 2 cups
- Sweet condensed milk - 2 tbs
- Thick coconut milk - 1/3 cup
- Saffron - 1/2 tsp
- Brown/white sugar - 2-3 tbs (optional)
- Pistachio - 2-3 for garnish
- In the first step you can thicken mango puree more to enhance the caramelized taste
- In a thick bottomed pan, heat the mango puree till it thickens and caramelizes.
- Bring it to a very low temperature and add thin milk and mix well.
- Add saffron and mix well
- Stir in low flame till it reduces to about half or 2/3
- Add sweetened condensed milk, thick coconut milk and sugar and mix well
- Stir for some more time in low flame till it is all mixed well and thick enough and switch off the flame
Cool the payasam and top it with pistachios for garnish!