- Vanilla cake, made to rough crumbs by hand or fork - 2 cups
- Any cream frosting/chocolate ganache - 2 tsp
- Melted chocolate - 1 cup
- Sprinkles - 2 tsp (optional)
- Pop sticks - 12
- Chopped nuts/ biscuit - 2 tbs(optional)
- I have used vanilla cake crumbs, you can use any cake. I used the dome part of the cake which I cut off to level the cake
- I haven't used nuts or biscuits
- I have tried making cake pops with white / brown melted chocolate , both works fine.
- I have tried with chocolate ganache as well as cream frosting for mixing with cake
- Mix cake crumbs roughly with frosting or ganache using fork. Don't add too much pressure when mixing
- Add nuts and mix with fork
- Make small balls of the mixture and chill it in the fridge for 3-4 hours
- Keep the warm melted chocolate ( not hot) in a glass or any deep bowl
- Dip the tip of pop stick in melted chocolate and insert it to the chilled cake ball. ( when inserting, you don't need the pop stick to reach the other end of the cake ball)
- Dip the cake pop in the melted chocolate and swirl once.
- Keep the cake pop pierced on to a thick thermocol or in a glass( cake ball side of the pop stick will be on top and the other end pierced or in the glass like the picture)
- Use sprinkles on the cake pops when the chocolate coating is still not dried.
- Repeat the same with all balls and chill the cake pops in the fridge for an hour or more.
Cake pops are ready to be served.