Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Mint chutney



Can't imagine kebabs without the yummy mint chutney with it?? Here goes the easy restaurant style mint chutney recipe for you.
We had been to an indian restaurant last weekend for lunch with Achan and Amma. The restaurant provided mini samosa with mint chutney and sweet manga chutney. It tasted awesome too. Then Achan asked me "can you make this kind of mint chutney at home??"

I didn't reply for it then, but I kept in mind that I will try to replicate the mint chutney at home before he goes back.(Achan was gong back in 3 days)
I researched through many mint chutney recipes and finally... I made a perfect mint chutney for Achan. After having chapathi and  vegetable jalfrezi with mint chutney, Achan told me that he liked it so much and wants to make it when he goes back. He even asked me for the recipe. 😃😃😃 wuhuuu. Getting compliment for food from Achan is not less than any award for me as he is someone who gives compliment about food very very rarely. 
Here goes the mint chutney recipe. 

Ingredients:
  1. Mint leaves - 2 cups
  2. Corandar leaves - 1/4 cup
  3. Onion - 1/2 medium - small size
  4. Salt to taste
  5. Cumin powder - a pinch
  6. Chaat masala - 1/2 tsp
  7. Green chilli - 1
  8. Ginger, chopped - 1/4 tsp
  9. Garlic, chopped - 1small clove
  10. Plain yogurt - 2 tbs

Method:
  1. Blend all ingredients in a blender into smooth paste. 

Mint chutney is ready to be served. 

No comments:

Post a Comment