- Pumpkin puree, sauteed in a tsp of ghee for 3-4 minutes - 3 tbs
- Milk - 4 cups
- Brown sugar/ White Sugar - 3/4 cup
- Saffron - a pinch
- Cashew nuts, chopped - 1/4 cup
- Badam/Almond chopped - 1/4 cup
- Pecans, chopped - 1/4 cup
- Cardamom - 2
Brown sugar gives a nice caramel flavor to Kulfi..
- Boil milk in a clean pan
- When milk starts to boil add nuts, spices and sugar to it and stir.
- Continue boiling the milk under low-medium flame stirring in between till milk is almost reduced to 1.5 cups
- If you want to go with the traditional kulfi, pour the above mix into a bowl and cool it to room temperature.
- If you want to add pumpkin puree to it, add it now and let it cook for 3 more minutes and pour it into a bowl and cool it to room temperature
- Keep the bowl in the fridge for 3 hrs
- After 3 hrs, stir the mixture again for 2 minutes to avoid water crystals
- Pour the kulfi mixture in to small bowls or Popsicle mould and freeze it overnight.
- You may top the kulfi with almond slivers.
I am linking this post to Fiesta Friday