- Okra/Vendakka - 250 gm
- Chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Kayam/Asafoetida - 1/2 tsp
- Besan powder - 2 tbs
- Oil for deep fry
- Slit the okras length wise in to thin strips. (I have used baby okra since i didn't get normal okras in the store)
- Sprinkle chilli powder, kayam and salt and mix well using a fork taking care not to break them or mash them. Keep them for 10-15 minutes.
- Mix besan to the above using the fork before frying
- Heat oil in a frying pan
- Deep fry the okras till they are crisp and slightly browned
We loved having Okra fry with Rice and Sambar for our lunch today!