This tomato soup is a restaurant style tomato soup.. easy to make with nice color!
- Tomato, ripe and red, skin peeled by putting them in hot water - 1/4 kg
- Butter - 2tbs
- Onion, chopped - 1/4 cup
- Carrot, chopped into chunky pieces - 1/4 cup
- All purpose flour - 2 tbs
- Water - 3 cups
- Salt to taste
- Tomato ketchup - 1/4 cup
- Sugar - 2 tsp
- Add butter in a hot heavy bottomed pan in medium flame
- Saute onion and carrot in it for a minute.
- Add 2 tbs of flour in it and mix well for a minute
- Add chopped tomato in to it and add 3 cups water
- Cook the soup well till all vegetables are cooked really well. (I have used pressure cooker to do this)
- Blend the soup to very smooth puree and pass it through a sieve to remove any lumps. (i didn't do the sieve part as i didnt have a good sieve with me.)
- Heat the soup in a pan
- Add salt to taste
- Add tomato ketchup and mix well
- To balance the taste, add sugar and mix it
Serve hot soup with croutons or bread!