An easy side dish for Lunch/ Dinner.
- Potato, cubed - 1/4 Kg
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Coconut oil - 1/4 cup
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 2 pinch
- Onion, thinly sliced - 1/4 cup
- Ginger, julienne - 1/2 tsp
- Chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander powder - 1 tsp
- Pepper, crushed - 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves - few
- Salt to taste
- Cook potatoes in 3/4 cup water with salt and turmeric powder till all water is evaporated and potato is cooked. Potatoes shouldn't be mushy. It should hold its shape well
- Heat coconut oil in a pan
- Splutter mustard seeds and cumin seeds
- Add onion and ginger and saute till onion is transparent
- Add ingredients from 8 to 11 and saute till it gives roasted masala aroma
- Add Potato and stir it in masala, taking care not to break potato pieces.
- When potato is well coated with masala, switch off the flame.