- Milk - 1.5 cups
- Matcha powder - 1/2 tsp
- Coconut milk, thick - 1 cup
- Sugar - 3/4 cup
- Vanilla extract - 1 tsp
- Egg - 2 medium size
- Heat milk in a sauce pan
- Whisk egg in a bowl
- Add sugar and vanilla extract to milk and mix well.
- Add Matcha powder and mix well. (You may add matcha powder by sifting it directly on hot milk and stirring to reduce matcha lumps in the milk mixture)
- Once the milk is hot, pout 1/2 cup of milk to egg bowl. Whisk continuously when adding hot milk.
- Once 1/2 cup milk is mixed well with eggs, add egg mixture to the sauce pan which has rest of the hot milk in it, Stir continuously so that the egg don't get scrambled
- Allow the mixture to start boil. Stir continuously so that there are no lumps and the mixture don't stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Switch off the flame as the mixture thickens and start to boil
- Seive the mixture through a mesh and let it chill in fridge over night
- Add coconut milk to the icecream mixture and blend it in a blender for 2 minutes
- Chill it in the freezer and repeat the blending and chilling every 2 hours for 3-4 times
- If using icecream maker, then skip step 9 to 11. Instead, once the milk mixture cools to room temperature add coconut milk to the mixture and pour to icecream maker to follow the instructions of icecream maker.