Thari Kanji is a very quick, easy to cook breakfast with mild sweet taste. It is one among the many yummy Nombu thurakkal ( breaking Ramzan fasting) dish as well. It is considered to be good for lactating mothers too.. My mom used to make this for me every day after I gave birth to my lovely son..
- Milk - 1.5 - 2 cups
- Semolina/ Rava, roasted - 2.5tbs
- Sugar to taste
- Cardamom - 1(optional)
- Saffron - a pinch (optional)
- When rava is cooked, its solid white or cream color will change to a bit transparent
- Thari Kanji is not a very sweet dish, it should be mildly sweetened
- Heat 1.5 cup milk in a saucepan
- Add cardamom and saffron if you are using it
- When milk is hot, add rava and stir so that there is no lumps formed
- Once the rava is cooked, add sugar and mix well
- If porridge is too thick, add little more milk, if too thin, add 1/2 to 1 tsp more rava and cook it.
- Switch off the flame and enjoy it warm