- 1 cup puttu podi ( coarsly ground rice flour)
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1 tsp jeera
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 2tbs oil
- salt to taste.
- oil to fry
- Boil water(about 1 cup) with salt.
- Mix rice flour, jeera, onion and coconut.
- Add hot water to the above mix slowly making sure that no lumps are formed.
- Consistency of dough should be enough to make balls with it.( same as for kozhukatta)
- Keep it for some time and if it is dry then add some more water.
- Make small balls out of it and roll it into small round shapes with oil so it doesn't stick to the palm/roller.
- Fry it in high heat to get brown color on both sides. If the dough is good, the pathri will puff like puri.
Serve hot neipathiri's with chicken curry.