- 1 cup nice rava
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 5 tbs ghee
- 1 cardamon
- few chashew nuts and raisins
- Fry 1 cup rava in 2 tbs ghee.
- When the rava starts changing the color, add 1 cup water and 2 cups milk to itand stir it continuosly.
- Cook rava completely and make it thick by evaporating the rmaining liquid.
- Add cardamon, sugar and 2 tbs ghee to it.
- Stir it continuously to make it to the required consistencyand switch off the flame.
- Fry cashewnuts and raisins and add the same to kesari and mix well.
Kesari is ready to be served. It can be served warm or cold. We can add pineapple pieces the keasri when rava is half cooked. Once when i have tried with pineapple flavour tang to get that flavour. but i like the plain kesari rather than the one with pineapple flavour. Also, milk can be replaced by water. That is also tasty. To get that rich flavour, use milk:) Dooooooon't replace ghee with oil!!!