- 1 cup rice
- 1 sliced onion
- 2 and 1/2 tomato
- 1 tsp chopped ginger
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbs chopped coriander leaves
- 1/4 tsp jeera
- 1stp ghee
- 2tbs oil
- 1/4tsp mustard
- 1 and 3/4cups of water
- salt to taste
- Blend one chopped tomato and 1tbs corriander leaves with 1 cup of water.
- Fry rice with ghee till it changes to white color. Don't wait till rice gets brown tint.
- Cook the rice by adding the blended tomato-corriander, salt and 3/4 cup water to it.
- In a frying pan or kadai heat oil and splutter mustard and jeera in it.
- Add ginger, garlic and onion and saute them well.
- When the onion is transparent, add turmeric powder,chilli powder and chopped tomato to it.
- Add cooked rice to the same when tomato is fully cooked and switch off the heat.
- Add the chopped coriander leaves to it.
Tasty Tiffin for your kids is ready....:)