- 2 medium sized brinjal
- 1/2 cup toovar dal
- 1 medium sized onion
- 1 tomato
- 1 tbs chopped ginger
- 1 tbs chopped garlic
- 1 tsp jeera
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tbs oil
- 2 tbs coriander leaves chopped
- 1 cardamon
- 2 cloves
- a pinch of cinnamon powder
- 1 cup chicken stock/1/2 chicken cube/small chicken pieces
- salt to taste
- Cook dal very well
- In a kadai heat the oil and add jeera to it.
- Add chopped onion,sliced brinjal, ginger and garlic and saute them well till brinjal turns to transparent color.
- Add turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, cinnamon,clove and cardamon and saute for few more minutes.
- Add chopped tomato and saute for 2 more minutes and add chicken stock / cube/ chicken pieces.
- If chicken cubes is being added, add 1 cup of water also.
- Add salt to taste.
- Once the chicken pieces are cooked well and everything is blended properly, add cooked dal to the same and boil for some more time.
- When the curry reaches the required consistency, add the chopped coriander leaves and take off the kadai from heat.
Spicy brinjal dal curry is ready to be served with chapathi, ghee rice or biriyani.:)