This recipe is adapted from Mrs K.M.Mathews' Flavours of Spice Coast. This is my family's favourite prawns dish!
- 300gm prawns
- 1/2 cup shallots
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper powder
- 1 tbs chopper garlic
- 1 tbs chopped ginger
- 1 pinch turmeric powder
- 2-3 tbs tamrind pulp(by soaking tamrind in water)
- 1.5 cups onion sliced
- 1 tbs ginger thinly sliced
- few curry leaves
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp mustard
- salt to taste
- Grind 2-8 ingredients coarsly
- Cook prawns with the mixture by adding 1 cup water,salt and tamrind to it.
- Once the prawns is cooked, turn on high flame and switch it off once the prawns is dry.
- Heat oil and splutter mustard, curry leaves and saute ginger and onion till onion becomes golden brown.
- Add the cooked prawns to the above and fry for some more time, about 10 minutes till the onion mixtures coats the prawns very well.
- Switch off the flame
- You can garnish the prawns roast with curry leaves or ginger juliennes.
This is a very tasty prawns ularthiyadu :)