Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Dahi aloo gobhi masala / potato cauliflower masala with yogurt

This is a recipe which was put together 2 days back in an evening for next days lunch. My usual curry to go with chapathi has onion in it.  But I couldn't find any good onion on that day, so was forced to come up with a new recipe with 3-4 shallots I had in my kitchen along with other veggies. After tasting the curry my mom commented that it tastes very nice. So I thought I should add the recipe in my blog.
Here goes the recipe. 



Ingredients:

  1. Cauliflower florets - 2 cups
  2. Potato cubes - 2 cups
  3. Shallots, sliced - 4 medium size
  4. Green chilli - 1
  5. Ginger chopped - 1 tbs
  6. Garlic chopped - 1 tbs
  7. Coriander powder - 2 tsp
  8. Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
  9. Chaat masala - 1 tsp
  10. Mustard - 1 tsp
  11. Oil - 2 tbs
  12. Creamy yogurt - 3tbs (I used Greek style yogurt which is packed with protein and is very creamy and thick)
  13. Curry leaves - few
  14. Salt - to taste


Directions:
  1. Heat the oil in a pan and splitter mustard and curry leaves in it
  2. Add ingredients from 3 to 6 and sauté for 2-3 minutes until the raw smell is gone
  3. Add potato and washed cauliflower and sauté for 2-3 minutes more
  4. Add ingredients from 7 to 9 and sauté again
  5. Sprinkle some water and close the lid to cook the vegetables. 
  6. Once the vegetables are almost cooked, Reduce the flame to minimum, then add the creamy yogurt and mix well
  7. Cook for 5 more minutes and switch off the flame. 

The curry is ready to be served.  It goes well with rotis and rice. 


No comments:

Post a Comment