Coming back to "Wheat Porotta"... Does the "wheat" porotta sounds healthy to you?? Think again :) It is a healthier version than the normal maida/flour porotta, but it still has a culprit in it. And this time is not maida but oil...
1. Aatta/Wheat flour - 4cups
2. Banana - 1 small or 1/2 big
3. Salt to taste
4. Oil - 1 to 2 tsp per porotta
- Mix salt with wheat flour
- Add banana, mash and mix well with flour
- Knead the above mixture adding water as per need.
- Knead well until dough is soft and feels like elastic.
- Wrap the dough in cling wrap and keep for 30 minutes.
- Divide dough in to balls ( ball size can be approximately golf ball size)
- Roll it into very thin rounds like chapathi, but thinner than chapathi.
- Spread 1-1.5tsp of oil on one side of chapathi.
- Fold it as shown in the picture and roll it.
- Flatten the roll using your fingers
- Heat a tawa and cook porotta in medium flame for 2-3 minutes on each side or until porotta is cooked.
Wheat porotta is ready to be served.Serve porotta with chicken curry or any other spicy curries.. :)