- Milk - 1.5 cups
- Egg - 3
- Vanilla extract - 1tsp
- Sugar - 3/4 cups
- White bread - 4 slices
- Strawberry jam(any flavoured jam) - 2 tbs
- Brown sugar(optional) - 1-2 tbs
- Cinnamon powder(optional) - 1tsp
- Mix ingredients from 1 to 4 well
- Sandwich bread slices with jam in between them
- Cut the bread jam sandwich into small square pieces
- Arrange the bread pieces in a baking bowl
- Pour over the milk mixture and let it soak for 1hr.
- Mix brown sugar with cinnamon powder and sprinkle over the pudding mixture(optional)
- Keep the bowl in a baking tray with a glass of water poured in the tray
- Bake it in a preheated over at 175 Degree Celsius, for 20-25 min, until custard is set.
- After cooling, keep the closed pudding bowl in fridge and enjoy it.
Bread pudding tasted better after keeping it in fridge for a whole day.
You can cut off the sides of bread before spreading the jam if you don't like it. I didn't remove it.